Guest Speaker: Sue Simmons from Hobbycraft discussed the Outreach program that Hobbycraft runs, and the different area which that covers. From working with school, Scout and Guide groups, birthday parties and charities the Outreach program covers the fun of using all crafts.
She all so discussed the new Corporate program where colleagues can team build and relax, while developing key skills and creating a wonderful end product.
Shelley Luck from Hobbycraft then gave a demonstration of Decopatch, the way of decoration papermache shapes using thin colourful pieces of paper. The attendees couldn’t wait to have a go at what turned out to be a very calming process with a quick and pleasing result.
Hobbycraft gave away a child’s party and a crafting kit as prise draw gift.
This month saw a slight change in our entry system as we now charge a small fee of £3 for attendees, but if it’s your first time or you bring a guest that’s new; attendance for both of you is free.
So don’t forget to bring a neighbour!
Businesses in attendance this week:
- Sue Simmons – Hobbycraft
- Shelley Luck – Hobbycraft
- Simon Richardson – Keyishoes
- David Martin – Lloyd Volvo
- Shona Lee – Style-tips
- Amanda Ryan – Social Elf
- Linda Hope – Devonshire Academy
- Greg Kelly – Ultimate Security and Investigation
- Jeni Banks – Mayfifteen Networking Group
- Hazel Lanchberry – North & Beyond First Aid Training
- Sue Firth – Sueperior Doors
- Brian Lightowler – QG Management standards
- Helen MacKenzie – Candy Print
- Mike Morris – Chamber of Commerce
- Kirsty Martindale – Liberty Clothing Carlisle
- Chloe Turner – Cumberland Building Society
- Simon Hughes – Provident
- Mark Taylor – Bluefin
- Andrew Newell – Premier Inn Junction 44